STATE OF MINNESOTA
CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND PUBLIC DISCLOSURE BOARD
In the matter of the Tim Olson 2000 Committee, #15212 46B.
Pursuant to Minn. Stat. §10A.28, subd. 3, the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board and Tim Olson hereby agree as follows:
1. On June 6, 2000, the Tim Olson 2000 Committee accepted a $500 contribution from the (Steve) Thibault for State Representative Committee, #13100, a registered principal campaign committee. The acceptance of a contribution from another candidate's principal campaign committee is prohibited under Minn. Stat. §10A.27, subd. 9(a), unless the contributing candidates principal campaign committee is being dissolved. The contribution was not returned to the contributor within 60 days as required by Minn. Stat. §10A.15, subd. 3.
2. By letter dated March 13, 2001, Paul Roberts, treasurer, stated: "I accepted a cash contribution of $500 from Thibault for State Representative Campaign Committee. It was my understanding at that time the Thibault committee was terminating."
3. Board records show that this is the first calendar year in which the Tim Olson 2000 Committee reported acceptance of a contribution from a registered principal campaign committee under Minn. Stat. §10A.27, subd. 9(a). The Tim Olson 2000 Committee registered with the Board on February 18, 2000.
4. The parties agree that the Tim Olson 2000 Committee accepted a contribution from a registered principal campaign committee resulting in an inadvertent violation of Minn. Stat. §10A.27, subd. 9(a), in calendar year 2000.
5. On March 12, 2001, the Tim Olson 2000 committee returned to the Thibault for State Representative Committee $500, one times the amount of the prohibited contribution and forwarded a copy of the check to the Board office.
6. It is agreed by the parties that the return of the prohibited contribution to the contributor, the copy of the check, and this Conciliation Agreement will be a bar to any civil proceeding under Minn. Stat. §10A.28, subd. 4.
7. It is further understood and agreed that this Agreement is confidential until signed by Tim Olson and the Board Chair; the signed Agreement then shall become a matter of public record, and the statutory requirement of confidentiality shall no longer apply. Minn. Stat. §§10A.02, subd. 11 and 10A.28, subd. 3.
Dated: April 19, 2001
Approved by the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board
April 26, 2001
Will Fluegel, chair
Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board