STATE OF MINNESOTA
CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND PUBLIC DISCLOSURE BOARD
In the matter of the Roger Moe Volunteer Committee, #10405, District 2
Pursuant to Minn. Stat. 10A.28, subd. 3, the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board and Roger Moe hereby agree as follows:
1. During calendar year 2001, the Roger Moe Volunteer Committee accepted one contribution from a political committee that facially exceeded the non-election year contribution limit of $100 as set out in Minn. Stat. 10A.27, subd. 1(a)(4). The contribution exceeded the applicable limit by $100. The amount of the excess contribution was not returned to the contributor within 60 days as required by Minn. Stat. 10A.15, subd. 3.
2. In a letter dated May 1, 2002, Rollin Bergman, treasurer for the Roger Moe Volunteer Committee, stated, "After reviewing our records it does appear we made an inadvertent error and returned the excess contribution to the donor after it had been in our possession for more than 60 days."
3. The Roger Moe Volunteer Committee registered with the Board on November 26, 1975. This is the first calendar year in which the Roger Moe Volunteer Committee reported acceptance of a contribution that exceeded the applicable contribution limit.
4. The parties agree that the Roger Moe Volunteer Committee accepted one facially-excessive contribution in calendar year 2001, resulting in an inadvertent violation of Minn. Stat. 10A. 27, subds. 1(a)(4).
5. The Board imposes a civil fine totaling $200 to be paid to the Board for deposit in the general fund of the state. The civil fine represents two times the amount by which the contribution exceeded the applicable contribution limit.
6. The Roger Moe Volunteer Committee has forwarded a check for $200 to the Board as payment for the anticipated fine. It is agreed by the parties that the payment of the civil fine of $200, and this Conciliation Agreement will be a bar to any civil proceeding under Minn. Stat. 10A.28, subds. 3 & 4.
7. It is further understood and agreed that this Agreement is confidential until signed by Roger Moe and the Board Chair; the signed Agreement then shall become a matter of public record, and the statutory requirement of confidentiality shall no longer apply. Minn. Stat. 10A.02, subd. 11 and 10A.28, subd. 3.
Dated: June 23, 2002
Approved by the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board
July 9, 2002
Douglas A. Kelley, Chair
Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board