STATE OF MINNESOTA
CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND PUBLIC DISCLOSURE BOARD
In the matter of the (Keith) Langseth Volunteer Committee, #10999 9.
Pursuant to Minn. Stat. 10A.28, subd. 3, the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board and Keith Langseth hereby agree as follows:
1. On December 12, 2000, the Langseth Volunteer Committee accepted a $500 contribution from the Dudley Wells Volunteer Committee #14987 9A, a registered principal campaign committee. The acceptance of a contribution from another candidate's principal campaign committee is prohibited under Minn. Stat. 10A.27, subd. 9(a), unless the contributing candidates principal campaign committee is being dissolved. The contribution was not returned to the contributor within 60 days as required by Minn. Stat. 10A.15, subd. 3.
2. By letter dated, March 4, 2001, Joy Green, treasurer, stated: "I have enclosed a copy of a letter I have sent to Dudley Wells Volunteer Committee returning the contribution of $500.00 that we received from him on 12/12/00."
3. Board records show that this is the first calendar year in which the Langseth Volunteer Committee reported acceptance of a contribution from a registered principal campaign committee under Minn. Stat. 10A.27, subd. 9(a). The Langseth Volunteer Committee registered with the Board on November 21, 1979.
4. The parties agree that the Langseth Volunteer Committee accepted a contribution from a registered principal campaign committee resulting in an inadvertent violation of Minn. Stat. 10A.27, subd. 9(a), in calendar year 2000.
5. On March 4, 2001, the Langseth Volunteer Committee returned to the Dudley Wells Volunteer Committee $500, one times the amount of the prohibited contribution, provided a copy of the letter addressed to the Dudley Wells Volunteer Committee. Keith Langseth hereby agrees to forward a copy of the check that returned the contribution to the Board within 30 days after the date this Conciliation Agreement is signed by the Board Chair.
6. It is agreed by the parties that the return of the prohibited contribution to the contributor, the copy of the check and accompanying letter returning the contribution, and this Conciliation Agreement will be a bar to any civil proceeding under Minn. Stat. 10A.28, subd. 4.
7. It is further understood and agreed that this Agreement is confidential until signed by Keith Langseth and the Board Chair; the signed Agreement then shall become a matter of public record, and the statutory requirement of confidentiality shall no longer apply. Minn. Stat. 10A.02, subd. 11 and 10A.28, subd. 3.
Dated: April 21, 2001
Approved by the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board
April 26, 2001
Will Fluegel, chair
Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board